Full Time Key Stage 1 Teacher to cover maternity leave from 30th April 2018
Main Pay Scale £22,917pa to £33,164pa
The governors of our happy, ambitious Church school are looking to appoint a successful, enthusiastic and hardworking teacher for Year 1. This post is temporary to cover maternity leave.
Are you a teacher who:
- Has an excellent understanding of early learning, including undertaking on going assessment in the Early Years and KS1;
- Is aware of how learning progresses in KS2.
- Has demonstrated outstanding practice;
- Aspires to excellence and has high expectations;
- Has a track record of high quality teaching of phonics through Letters and Sounds;
- Is highly motivated, keen to improve and work across the school and have a positive and flexible attitude with effective organisational skills;
- Has a secure understanding of early mathematics and number sense.
- Is adept at identifying gaps in learning and ensuring children meet at least Age Related Expectations.
- Has a love of children and a desire to work in partnership with them to improve their learning;
- Is creative in curriculum delivery and used to facilitating learning outside the classroom;
- Is able to support our Christian ethos?
Good or outstanding teaching would need to be proven through previous formal observation (references and Ofsted reports).
In return we can offer you:
- Delightful children, all with huge potential ;
- The support and challenge of an experienced, forward-looking staff team as we strive for 'outstanding' learning and teaching across the school;
- A new school building, large classrooms, extensive grounds;
- A strongly-founded, Christian ethos and a school that strongly believes in the wellbeing and care of its staff as well as children and community;
- Opportunities for professional development.
If you think you have the skills and qualities that this role would require we would love to hear from you. Visits are welcome, please telephone or email Mrs. Ormes (School Office Manager) to book an appointment.
Please use the Norfolk County Council application form via their website https://www.educationjobfinder.org.uk and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Sonia Innes, Headteacher, Little Plumstead Primary School, Hospital Road, Little Plumstead, Norfolk, NR13 5EW.
Closing date Monday 26th February 2018 at 12.00pm.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 28th February 2018 and we will notify interview candidates by email on Monday 26th February 2018.
Little Plumstead CE VA Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. References will be requested, and if you are appointed you will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and comply with child protection policies and practices.