Starting School in September 2017?
This section has been created to give parents of children joining the school in September 2017 an overview of transition events and how transition to primary school works.
An open afternoon will be held for new parents on Thursday 10th November 2016 at 1.45pm. On that day we give prospective parents an introduction to the school and a tour.
Applications are accepted by Norfolk County Council from 28th September 2016.
The closing date for applications (which can be done online) is 15th January 2017.
National Offer Day is April 18th 2017. On that day parents will be either emailed their child's confirmed place in a school or it will be sent out by post.
See https://www.norfolk.gov.uk/education-and-learning/schools/school-admissions/admission-to-reception-classes for more details.
- Pre-Schooler Story Cafes are offered to children prior to notification of a place at the school from March to May. Dates will be arranged nearer the time.
- We will notify parents by letter that we are aware their child has been offered a place at our school in April or early May. We will ask for confirmation of whether parents intend to accept the place.
- We hold a 'New Intake Information Evening' for parents. This year it is on Wednesday 7th June 2017 at 7pm. This meeting is for parents only.
- We usually visit pre-schools to discuss the children after half term, this is dependent on numbers joining us.
- Usually, we hold up to four transition sessions for children in late June, early July.
- Home visits are offered to aid transition to school.
- New starters are welcome to attend our Sports Morning in June and take part in the pre-schoolers' race.
- Parents, their children and families are invited to join us at our annual 'Celebration Evening' on Thursday 6th July 2017 at 6pm This gives parents and children the opportunity to show their extended family around their new school.
- Due to the excellent transition prior to the summer holidays, all children are offered a full time place at the school from the first day of the school year in September.