Additional Needs Midday Supervisory Assistant
Scale A -£8.49 per hour
5 hours per week (from 12.15pm to 1.15pm)
Pupil specific contract
The governors wish to appoint a midday supervisory assistant to work primarily with a child with Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties. They will join a school with a hardworking and positive, inclusive ethos.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has an understanding of working with children and supporting their social learning, experience would be an advantage but not essential
- Has an understanding of SEBD
- Can be creative and use their imagination in this role
- Can offer pastoral care and support to all the children they engage with
- Has the ability to work as part of a team, think on their feet and show initiative
- Can be a role model for children in their attitude to others and conduct around school
- Will support the wider life of the school community.
We can offer you:
- Delightful children, all with huge potential
- Supportive, forward-looking staff team
- A new school building, large classrooms, extensive grounds
- A strongly-founded, Christian ethos and a school that strongly believes in the wellbeing and care of its staff as well as children and community
- Opportunities to help you develop your career.
If you think you have the skills and qualities that this role would require we would love to hear from you. Visits are welcome, please telephone or email Mrs. Ormes (School Office Manager) to book an appointment. Recruitment packs are available on the school website and/or via email and use the Norfolk County Council application form for Support Staff.
Closing date: 13 July 2018
Interviews: 23 July 2018
Little Plumstead CE VA Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be sought, as well as proof of eligibility to work in the UK. This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.