Additional Needs Teaching Assistant
Scale D -£9.74 – £9.93 per hour
27.5 hours per week (job share would be considered)
Term time plus one
Pupil specific contract
The governors wish to appoint a teaching assistant to work primarily with a child with additional motor and speech and language needs in KS2. They will join a school with a hardworking and positive, inclusive ethos. They will work with the class teacher to support a child with additional needs as well as the whole class and groups of children.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of working with children and supporting their learning
- Has an understanding of fine and gross motor development as well as speech and language development and how best to support a child with additional needs in a mainstream setting
- Can be creative and use their imagination in this role
- Is confident about adapting learning activities to suit the needs of pupils
- Is positive and patient
- Can offer pastoral care and support to all the children they engage with
- Has good literacy and numeracy skills
- Has the ability to work as part of a team, think on their feet and show initiative
- Can be a role model for children in their attitude to others and conduct around school
- Will support the wider life of the school community
We can offer you:
- Delightful children, all with huge potential
- Supportive, forward-looking staff team
- A new school building, large classrooms, extensive grounds
- A strongly-founded, Christian ethos and a school that strongly believes in the wellbeing and care of its staff as well as children and community
- Opportunities to help you develop your career.
To apply please complete the Support Staff Application form found on our website or the Norfolk County Council support staff application form. For safeguarding purposes, CVs are not acceptable and only fully completed application forms will be considered. Please email your completed application to email@example.com or post to the school address for the attention of Mrs Catherine Wright, Headteacher.
Closing date: noon on 11th October 2019
Interviews: 16th October 2019
Little Plumstead CE VA Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be sought, as well as proof of eligibility to work in the UK. This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.