The governors of our happy, ambitious Church school are looking to appoint a permanent, full time teacher, initially for upper Key Stage 2. We would ideally like someone who would be able and prepared to teach across the primary age range in future years.
Are you a teacher who:
- Has demonstrated good or outstanding practice?
- Is committed to the wider development of the child?
- Is able to lead a curriculum area and would like to develop their leadership skills?
- Is experienced in and have examples of assessment for learning impacting on progress?
- Has experience of Key Stage 2 statutory assessment?
- Is interested in the language of learning and committed to creating life-long learners?
- Has excellent behaviour management skills?
- Has a willingness to innovate, is creative in curriculum delivery and used to facilitating learning outside the classroom?
- Has an ability to work well as part of a team?
In return we can offer you:
- Delightful, motivated children, all with huge potential
- Strong relationships; a supportive, forward-looking staff team
- A new school building, large classrooms, extensive grounds
- A strongly-founded, Christian ethos and a school that strongly believes in the wellbeing and care of its staff as well as children and community
- Opportunities to help you develop your career - both as a teacher (SLE/ AST) and/or school leader.
We understand that moving mid-year for a teacher makes the decision to move schools potentially a difficult decision to make. However, we are an extremely supportive staff; our recent Ofsted short inspection report noted that all staff felt appreciated and respected and enjoyed working at the school. (Ofsted May 2018)
Visits to the school are welcome. Please ring to make an appointment.
If you think you have the skills and qualities that this role would require we would love to hear from you. Visits are welcome and would give you a real sense of the school in action. Please telephone or email Mrs. Ormes (School Office Manager) to book an appointment. Please use the Teacher application form on our website or the Norfolk County Council application form.
Closing date 2nd October at 4pm
Interviews to take place on Monday 8th October (all day) and we will notify interview candidates by email by Thursday 4th October.
Little Plumstead CE VA Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This includes obtaining references and ensuring compliance with the DBS process.
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.