Scale F - £11.19 to £12.35 per hour
32.50 hours per week
Term time plus two weeks
Start date: 20th April 2020
The governors of this Church of England school wish to appoint an organised, friendly and professional School Secretary to join our friendly team. They will join a school which has a hardworking and positive, inclusive ethos.
Purpose of the Role:
- To provide an efficient and effective secretarial service to the Headteacher and other teaching staff.
- To assist the Headteacher with the school’s administrative, financial and clerical functions in providing a high standard of administration within the school.
- To control the school’s administrative and financial information systems, ensuring that these functions support the management of the school in an efficient and effective manner.
- Assist with the planning and development of support services, policies and procedures within the school and particularly those services that reduce the administrative workload of teaching staff in the school.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Communicate well with parents, staff, pupils, governors and the wider school community
- Support the Christian ethos of our school
- Work well as part of a whole school team
- Have relevant school office skills
In return we can offer:
- A strong, committed and supportive staff team
- Welcoming children with supportive families
- Opportunities for CPD, including induction training on any aspects you may be unfamiliar
- Finance support from County
- A supportive, stable and experienced governing body
- A strong Christian ethos
- An attractive, well maintained, modern school with fantastic grounds and woods
The post could also include the role as Clerk to Governors and there is a Clerk appendix to the School Secretary job description. The Clerk role is paid as additional hours to the School Secretary salary. Please indicate on your application if you are only applying for the School Secretary role or whether you are interested in the Clerk role as well.
If you think you have the skills and qualities that this role would require we would love to hear from you.
Visits are welcome, please telephone or email Mrs. Ormes to book an appointment. Please use the Norfolk County Council application form for Support Staff.
Closing date: 9.30am on Monday 16th March 2020 (successful candidates will be contacted by email)
Interviews: Thursday 19th March 2020
Little Plumstead CE VA Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be sought, as well as proof of eligibility to work in the UK. This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.